I love books! Mostly non-fiction, I think the waterstone book section is called “smart thinking” which I don’t know if I like or not. A lot of self-help as I would say challengers books ‘books to make you think’.
This year I more heavily went into audible as I can listen and work which helps drown out the open office space noise.
Please find below my recommendations and some not worth too much time books too.
- 33 audibles 👂
- 12 read 📖
Very tough so I have categorised dependent on what you might be looking for
looking for a bit of self discovery
looking for a bit of science
looking for a bit of future thinking
- Life 3.0 – being human in the age of artificial intelligence
- Growth delusion – wealth, poverty and well-being of a nation
- Money : A user guide
looking for a bit of making our world a better place
- Inferior : how science got women wrong and new research that is re-writing the story
- Stuffocation – living more with less
- Why we sleep 📖 – FAB highly recommend very much worth the time
- We should all be feminist 📖 short book FAB
- Goodbye, Things: The New Japanese Minimalism 📖 – Loved this – extreme but good the challenge stuff thought
- The joy of less 👂 – bit of a copy of Marie Kondo
- Brick by brick 👂 – work research interesting
- 6 billion shoppers 👂- Really interesting if you want to understand global trends and patterns in markets
- Things you can only see if you calm down 👂- quick not too filling
- Guernsey potato peel pie literary group 👂 – good story
- Bill Bryson applications 👂 – mmm not that great
- Lean bible 👂- extensive didn’t finish it all
- Introvert doodles 📖 – AMAZING LOVE LOVE
- Quirkology 👂- Love Richard Wiseman – always interesting
- Misbehaving : the making of behavioural economics – 👂 Loved this book – was a big fan of Nudge and this is a nice next book from Richard Thaler
- Storm in a teacup : the physics of everyday 👂 – Very interesting I love science in the real world day to day application – husband really loved this book too
- Re-wiring your anxious brain 👂📖 – Very insightful book if you are anxious worth listening to and then buying the book to run through the exercises. It will help you distill some of your thoughts
- Attached : the new science of adult attachment 👂- Interesting thoughts on human attachment would recommend
- Everyone lies : what the internet tell us about who we really are 👂 – Excellent – really interesting anthropology from what we search and use the internet
- The Dip 👂 – Bit superficial nothing to write home about – nice quick booster thought targeting if you need a boost
- Notes on a nervous planet 👂 – FAB – everyone needs to read this book no matter what your mental state of mind
- Reasons to stay alive 👂 – FAB – same as above
- Own the day 👂- superficial didn’t finish
- Life 3.0 – being human in the age of artificial intelligence 👂- AMAZING book great to challenge future thought of humans and machines – highly highly recommend
- Animal : autobiography of the female body -👂 Excellent book timely pointe – balance of fact and story – wish all people would read – funny too – love Sarah Pascoe
- Inferior : how science got women wrong and new research that is re-writing the story 👂 – AMAZING book everyone needs to read – very important – I wish it was part of everyone’s schooling to read
- Growth delusion – wealth, poverty and well-being of a nation 👂- Great read – very much worth looking into
- 4hour week 👂 – Second time I have read this – Why we work so many hours is beyond me but the extreme outsourcing is a bit too much for me
- Peak 👂
- Rest – Why you get more done when you work less 📖* – GOOD Compliment other books on sleep – bit more fluff than needed but good insight. Wish the rest of the world read this book we should be praised for productivity not presenteeness.
- Life less throwaway : the lost art of buying for life 📖 – FAB book – we should buy for life rather than buying just for now. Interesting history into product life design that we all need to be more aware of.
- Stuffocation – living more with less –📖 FAB book takes you through different the concept of ownership of stuff and raises awareness of the rise the experience economy exciting times.
- Year of living danishly – uncovering the secrets of the happiest country 👂 – EXCELLENT book really insightful, charming and funny into Denmark, people and LEGO
- Leap year 👂- Second book by Helen Russell from living danishly – EXCELLENT
- Stephen fry Victorian secrets 👂 – AMAZING love Stephen Fry and the Victorians history is truly weird and curious. (Only available on audible)
- Dare to lead 👂 – OK
- The shortest history of Germany 📖 – GREAT really interesting journey through german but also the worth of Europe history and how entangled we are as Europeans. You don’t have to be into history to read this book
- How women rise 👂 – mmm not as good as expected
- Complete works of Sherlock Holmes 👂 – 72hours worth – It’s worth every minute truly a masterpiece of works and Stephen Fry narration is as ever amazing!
- Thinking in Bets 👂 – quite good
- The quants 👂 – quite good
- Happiness – Nice summary
- Atlas of happiness 👂 – LOVE Love the journey around the world – I learnt so many new things and phases.
- Run mummy run 👂 – Lovely to hear about a movement to help women
- The joy of doing nothing 📖 – Short and clean book about simplifying things
- Money : A user guide – 📖AMAZING BOOK – everyone needs to read
- Goodbye 2018 Hello 2019 – 📖 Project love – gift from friend nice exercises to get you to think